Thursday, April 9, 2009

Foun's at 8AM

The balcony in front of Foun's and the view on Pivert Street
I finally got some good pictures of Foun's, in the daytime with nobody around. This is such a nice place. Nice atmosphere, wonderful hosts who make you feel so welcome. Foun and his wife Maggie lived in New Jersey for twenty years. Foun has a Joisey accent, even. 

Here you can see the main dining area;  the taller, white building in the back, upper right, is the 
Bons Samaritains. I could get here by zipline if there were one. It's a walk of maybe 100 yards.

Maggie heard of a good dancing instructor who would come to her place to teach Salsa dancing, and she invited me to come. So this picture was taken this morning at 8AM at Foun's while I was waiting for the others to come.  The instructor's name is Herbie, I think, and he really was very good, so I may try to keep doing this if time permits.  I am not a coordinated person, but I guess I did OK.  He does recommend dancing shoes; the other ladies all wore heeled evening shoes.  I could not walk in them, much less dance, so we may have to compromise on the shoes. I can see that rubber-soled Tevas will keep me from improving, though.
Here is a little video so you can see how pretty the place is. They have a gas fired rotisserie out front where they do whole chickens basted with a little bit of sauce. Mmmm. They also do wings, which is an idea they brought back with them from the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment