Saturday, May 9, 2009

Another Surprised Gecko

A quick note:  I went to put my wash away this morning; it had been sitting, folded, in a pile on my bed from yesterday afternoon. I picked up the sheets, and out jumped  A Thing which ran across the bed into a straw hat that was laying there.  Oh yuck, I thought.  I hoped it was a cricket, but I suspected worse.
Here it was a baby gecko.  (Sigh of relief!) It was only 2 inches long and his tail half of that. Poor little guy, sunning himself on my sheet one minute, then folded up in a nightmare the second.
In my hurry to show him the crack at the window I neglected to get a photograph of him, but he was really cute.  Just like those car insurance commercials, only this one was 1/4 of an inch wide. But he cocked his head and looked at me just like that one does.

No comments:

Post a Comment