Friday, May 15, 2009

Rose and Her Pretty Blue Dress

Here is a very short clip of me with Rose. Rose is one of the lunch ladies, and to give you an idea of how they dress up, she wears this beautiful blue dress to work in the kitchen and serve lunches.  As I've repeated so often: Haitians are elegant.
I kept telling Rose that I had a dress like hers, and that I would show it to her sometime. You can't really see it here, but our dresses are almost alike, (same flouncy skirt and sleeves, same sheer material) and when some friends came to St-Marc this spring, my sister Lucy packed my dress and sent it along with them. 
So here we are in our similar dresses, only the necklines and the color are so different that you can't really tell in this picture. I am letting you hear my French here, so you can see it has not improved very much. I keep messing up gender and verbs, and switching over to English or just repeating myself,  since I am at such a loss for words. I can usually get my point across. And from time to time, if it's a good day and I am on my toes, I am even OK. Or, as Guerald the computer guy said, when pressed for his opinion, "not bad." 

No comments:

Post a Comment