Friday, May 15, 2009

Sondi Fait Une Annonce Publique

Here is one of the third grade teachers at Bons Samaritains. When I found out he was a part-time radio DJ at a station in St-Marc, I asked him if I could film him saying a little something.  His radio name is Sondi. So he made a very nice announcement for me, "in honor of Sister Liz, who teaches English at Bons Samaritains."
 I filmed it, but I said, you know what, I am not a Sister, could we film another one?
So this is the second one, and he starts out by making a formal retraction of his previous announcement. He said it so seriously, as though it were breaking world news or something, ("I must make a correction"-) that it surprised me and I burst out laughing. 
I thought maybe I would send you this so you can see I get to laugh a lot even though there are a lot of serious things going on here. 
To the French students who are following my blog:  See if you can hear the times and the call numbers of his station. I posted this (just the annonce, not me laughing) on Teacher Tube for first year French classes to listen to. I want to post a few more little "interviews" there for beginning classes to hear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment